livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Gardening with Native foods and perenials/ Re: Resilient gardening

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Emery Mitchamore <emitch@att.net>
  • To: anna Lorrai <cactusandquail@yahoo.com>
  • Cc: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Gardening with Native foods and perenials/ Re: Resilient gardening
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:04:43 -0500

Around here, there are two trees that get the Paloverde moniker (both are "green sticks"): Parkinsonia aculeata and Cercidium macrum.  Apparently, both can be used as described.  Mesquite and Honey Locust, too.  It's a shame, considering their other desirable qualities, but most of the other leguminous trees are not considered edible.  I'd like to hear more about food-bearing trees.

E. E. "Mitch"  Mitchamore