livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Florence fennel

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Carrie Shepard <carrieshepard@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Florence fennel
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:28:37 -0800 (PST)

Dieter, What source material do you have for the Hildegard de Bingen comment
on fenneL? I love the one small book I have on her, have to pull it out and
re-read.

I didn't know you could do that with fennel, leaving the bulb portion. I
love fennel and my son loves chewing the seeds. I'll have to get some
growing this spring, haven't been successful since we moved.

I found fennel lovely in carrot/apple juice, apple/fennel pie,
soups,definitely a multipurpose veggie/herb! The seeds are wonderful added
to homemade chai tea blends.

blessings,
Carrie