livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Tomatoes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Tomatoes
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:03:41 -0800 (PST)

While I am all for a boycott, (I simply hate to hand money to people who do me an ill turn,) the issue in this case is exactly that.  Fedco has a certification on their seed so they extend extra diligence running trial fields and soliciting feedback.  Their descriptions are sufficient that you can tell when you have something else from what you ordered.

They also will warn you when gene groups are having problems.  I don't find many seed companies that have that high a degree of transparency.  So I guess I'm pointing out a trust level issue.

BTW Totally Tomatoes has written me, no pledge but t least a bare affirmation. "
Thank You for your email.

No genetically modified items are knowingly sold by our company.

Tina
Customer Service
"

 <<....  Now why is it that I have to watch the seed pledge thing again of I order OP and heirlooms from them?  This is not asked lightly, because if I get something else I will be mad.  Or is it because they support the bad guys messing with our seeds?>>