livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Knowledge; not college

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Knowledge; not college
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:50:15 -0700 (PDT)

I grew up on a farm, have a BS from TTU in animal husbandry and substitute teach in a high school.

I have mentioned to many kids about my doubts about college, especially if they are going to farm or ranch.  Vo-Ag is showing animals and easy grades so 125 out of 700 students take ag. As an exFFAer, I am ashamed of FFA.

The ag universities teachs ag and you need a BS in chemistry, first.

Since 2000 education has gone to the basement or septic tank.

Ken