livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] dehybridizing was :Re: Non GMO seed source listing.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] dehybridizing was :Re: Non GMO seed source listing.
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:43:55 -0700

Costoluto Fiorentino or Costoluto Genovese at
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/midseason.htm

"the heat-loving 'Costoluto Genovese' has the most fluting and is probably
better for eating, with a meaty, full-flavored, slightly tart interior."
Sunset magazine - Our favorite slicers
http://www.sunset.com/garden/our-favorite-slicers-tomatoes-00400000040965/pa
ge8.html

Costuluto Genovese
http://www.growitalian.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1104683020
see attached

Or Costoluto Fiorentino
"Italians consider this one of the top 3 tasting tomatoes in the world.
Very versatile with a rich flavor. A heat tolerant tomato."
http://www.gourmetseed.com/product/TM13/TM13__Tomato_Costoluto_Fiorentino.h
tml

The seed is from Italy and it's a very old Italian heirloom, like fine
wine. This is the only tomato we grow for markets, and we got $5 lb for
them last year. Ours turn out mostly round and smooth. Our summer months
have a lot of days in the 90s. Gourmetseed.com is our favorite seed house.
Check their pole beans. Most of the varieties we get from them sell for
twice what they get at Whole Foods.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net
listowner