livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Small Scale Organics: A Guidebook

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Small Scale Organics: A Guidebook
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:07:57 -0700

Small Scale Organics: A Guidebook
Posted by: "Charles N. Rutledge" charlier1955@hotmail.com charlier1955
Date: Thu Apr 2, 2009 1:09 pm ((PDT))

Small Scale Organics:
A Guidebook for the Non-certified Organic Grower
http://www.kerrcenter.com/publications/small-scale-organics.pdf

Start Reading at page 11 for a very good intro to Organic practices. This
booklet was written for starter farmers who want to be organic and are
selling less than $5000 per year of any farm product. It is recommended by
my organic certifier (MOSA). I wish I had had this 10 years ago when I, as
a city boy, was just beginning to farm and all I knew about organics was
that there was a magazine called "Organic Gardening". It would have saved
me a lot of heart ache.

This is their newsletter that includes an very important article on "almost
Organic" and the problems of watering down the meaning of the word ad the
standards the word represents. (p 3)

http://www.mosaorganic.org/PDF%20files/OC/09%20APR%20MAY%20OC.pdf

  • [Livingontheland] Small Scale Organics: A Guidebook, Tradingpost, 04/04/2009