livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Reason for high gas prices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Nigel Kirby" <naturespirit@clearwire.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Reason for high gas prices
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:48:34 -0700

I don’t consider gas prices to be high at all. They’ve been unrealistically and unsustainably cheap forever. And even now we’re still not even paying half of what Europe has been paying for years. My Dad in England has been paying $10 and up for quite some time now. Perhaps now our attention has been aroused due to the increases in gas prices we will learn to live wisely upon this earth. Shame we don’t respond until we personally are affected.

Nige

“We have become great because of the lavish use of our resources… But the time has come to inquire seriously what will happen when our forests are gone, when the coal, the iron, the oil and gas are exhausted.”

- President Theodore Roosevelt, May 13, 1908, Conference on the Conservation of Natural Resources