livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] pickup trucks?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <mdnagel@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] pickup trucks?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:44:16 -0500 (CDT)

A vehicle is just like any other tool, it depends upon how it's used.

"Economical" vehicles are only really good (worth the expense) if you're
driving a lot.

A poorly utilized vehicle, even if it's "economical," isn't economical
compared to a more appropriately utilized vehicle.

People get hung up on MPG, when it should be PMPG (People Miles Per Gallon):
of course, one can substitute goods for the People component here (suppose
PMPG could be better stated as PACKAGES Miles Per Gallon :-)).

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA