livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] how to control cucurbi/squash pests?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Aliza" <realfood@wonderfulfarm.com>
  • To: <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] how to control cucurbi/squash pests?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:59:37 -0700

Actually I agree with Uriel.

Just because the soil has been manured and has lots of organic matter in it does not mean that the minerals are available to the plants. there is much more to healthy plants then poo and greens. Look into raising your brix level in your plants - that is the ticket to growing plants that are mineral rich, sweet and healthy which the insects, molds and fungus avoid. Of course the deer and the bunnies will like them better:o) The brixtalk list is a good place to start as well as reading Arden Andersen and a bunch of other folks.

Aliza
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bobby G" <bobbyg53211@yahoo.com>