livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] No till and market gardening (was tractors?)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Nigel Kirby" <naturespirit@clearwire.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] No till and market gardening (was tractors?)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:19:37 -0700

Liz

I let my cardoon go to seed one year (just didn't get around to cutting the
flower heads in time) and later that year they were coming up everywhere. I
don't let them get too big if I don't intend to keep them because their
roots can get big. Sometimes I just cut the tops down, sometimes I pull the
whole plant, but that's difficult to do if they get too big.

Nige

P.S. When you are answering a specific question from a post with this >
symbol in front of it are you cutting and pasting or is there some automatic
function that performs this for you? I haven't learned all the ins and outs
of emailing but I think it may be a good idea for me to learn more.