livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food stamps/cooking from scratch

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food stamps/cooking from scratch
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:27:22 -0600

Welcome Anna. Barb and I have gone over this in discussions at length. She
can cook just about anything from scratch, having learned from her immigrant
mother to make do with what's available as a kid. But food stamps or wealthy,
the average middle or upper class American just doesn't have a clue. And you
really need to learn one on one with someone who knows how. At the market we
had so many people ask us how you cook squash. Even I could do it and I don't
know how to cook. I hesitate to criticise the poor when so much of the
population couldn't do any better if they were forced to. I don't have a
good answer.