livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Food stamps/cooking from scratch

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: anna Lorrai <cactusandquail@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Food stamps/cooking from scratch
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:50:43 -0700 (PDT)

I kind of raise my eyebrows when I see articles that say these people aren't able to eat.  I recently purchased a large bag of brown rice, black beans and oatmeal for $36. I'm talking about 20# bags. Whole wheat bisquits are very easy to make for bisquits and gravy. I'm not being critical but the truth is there are many people who have very subsistant lives in other parts of the world. If those who are having a tough time thought- basics - I think they might manage better.
I realize people who live in the city sometimes can't shop where they want.  What do people do who don't have food stamps like myself. You plan and work it out so you can survive.

My first post here.   Anna