livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Terry Wereb" <frostedacres@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:05:42 -0400

It is my understanding, that if manure is 'heat composted'  that is permitted to reach a temp of 130 deg F, turned, then  reheats-- something like 3 times, that it may then be called 'organic'. Supposedly, the temperature helps the 'unnaturals' break down into their natural, base components. but still.... pharmacueticals are showing up in our drinking water, and the govmint folks tell us they are at 'safe' levels.... tell that to my daughter who can't get pregnant, because her reproductive hormones are all out of whack, and the docs can't find a physical reason for them to be so....

 Terry W  -who didn't know how much she looked forward to having grandbabies until the daughters started miscarrying them...