livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fwd:New Transporting Hay Regs
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:48:56 -0400

At 03:48 PM 4/30/2008, you wrote:

I would like to know what Herbicides are being used on
these hay fields. I have read about several farms
which have composted manures and used hay as a mulch -
only to have their crops destroyed from the herbicide
residue that has passed into the manure and remains
active through digestion and/or composting.

That's a lovely thought, since I was about to visit the horse people next door to raid their manure heap.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com