livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Moon and signs and herbal potions <was> A History of Organic Farming--

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "bruce smith" <cityhomesteader@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Moon and signs and herbal potions <was> A History of Organic Farming--
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:15:12 -0500

Wow that's tough!!  I always thought of that country as a kind of paradise.. I guess I was fooled by travel brochures HUH?

 But, when it comes to planting according the calendar,
the difficulties are even worse, because when we get two or three days of
rain after 3 or 6 months of drought, I have got to get the seeds into the field
no matter what the moon phases or the constellations are like.

Dieter Brand
Portugal