livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Moon and signs and herbal potions <was> A History of Organic Farming--

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Moon and signs and herbal potions <was> A History of Organic Farming--
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:48:52 -0700

Likewise. We're in a cooler semi-arid climate in NM high desert and
irrigate. I don't dismiss planting by the moon but we have tight planting
schedules and we have to plant on time no matter what the moon's doing. We
have to double crop to raise production for our investment in beds and
fencing, and can't afford to wait a couple weeks or more to plant or
transplant when the beds are already empty and the weather allows it now.
Some beds empty gradually as we sell and we have to plant more in advance
to have transplants ready to fill empty spots. The economics of home
growing are going to trump other considerations.