livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Growing in our area/ was no-till and onsite slaughter

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Liz <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Growing in our area/ was no-till and onsite slaughter
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 00:02:23 -0500

At 11:21 PM 1/8/2008, you wrote:
Have you concidered biennial sweet clover Liz? Supposed to go down 6 feet
the second year.

Yes, and for a cover crop that's probably what I'll use. The other things I mentioned were intended to either be permanent beds (like the jerusalem artichokes) or at least be edible (the radishes). But the raised beds have been so productive that I worry about it less than I used to.

Liz in SW VA
http://life-as-a-spectator-sport.com