livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cover crops benefit everyones soil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dieter Brand <diebrand@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cover crops benefit everyones soil
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:13:41 -0700 (PDT)

Dean,

The way I understand it is that cover crops are the precondition for no-till
farming.  Obviously, you need to cut the cover crop before the seeds set,
unless you want it to reseed itself.

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Dean <andeanfx@midrivers.com> wrote:
How do cover crops reconcile with no till practices? We tried them one year
and harvested cover crop for the next few years.

Dean