livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The limits of intelligence (was: generating hope)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The limits of intelligence (was: generating hope)
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:41:14 -0600

"To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves."
... Gandhi

The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all
our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to
foster its renewal is our only hope.
- Wendell Berry

The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about
it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933

Wisdom of the land.