livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:05:42 -0500

I originally sent the article to this list with the assumption that readers would readily see the problems (i.e. comparing inefficient local production with efficient foreign production), and, instead, focused on the need to make better judgments on what is shipped and how the producers are rewarded.  It was somewhat disconcerting that so many chose to focus on the original article's inconsistencies.  I guess I'm getting too accustomed to this list being so far ahead of the general public.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz