livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] $90B farm welfare

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Harold and Sue Karber" <karber@pldi.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] $90B farm welfare
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:26:13 -0500

That 90 billion is corporate welfare which is not cheap food at all.   It is the most expensive on earth.   Eat out of a grocery store and the medicines you will be buying to mask (not cure) the illness and poor nutrition will cost way more than the whole foods one can buy locally or grow themselves which actually taste great too without mountains of chemicals, salt and sugar to make them go down.   The packaging alone is worth more than the supposed food and it just fills the landfills not your belly.   NO WAY IS Antibiotic filled, chemically filled, nuked supposed food that has been gassed to ripen, sprayed with viruses, full of additives, genetically altered cheaper in the long run.   If you want a real potato ....grow it yourself.
Sue Karber  Oklahoma
If you put someone down then put them down on your prayer list.
No to NAIS
The scariest thing isn't the daily news; it's our  food's lack of Country of Origin Labels (COOL) and
 the horrid NAIS to make it worse with eliminating real food safety and family farms for only factory farms.
1% of imports inspected and how many have melamine in the meats/foods and what other unknowns are we feeding our children?
http://www.nonais.org/  technical documents and state groups located on right side bar
http://www.r-calfusa.com
http://www.naissucks.com/  This my good friend Darol Dickerson's site not to be missed. Read about Gun Toting number enforcers.
www.tabletophomestead.org/NAIS.html   Oklahoma Cooperative Agreements