livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] tainted mulch story

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] tainted mulch story
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:55:58 -0700 (PDT)

The perfect solution is to not make compost [but I am a recycler] and use green manure/cover crops.  Saves all that work and time and does the same thing.

One idea is to get organic matter only from organic farmers, etc.  Has it come to this?  We are swimming in chemicals.

What kills a bug will kill humans.  So simple.  Did you see on the news where a father put four "bombs" for crockroahes in his house and killed his 2 year old and put others in the hospital.  The may can get back in their home on Friday but that remains to be seen.

Ken Hargesheimer