livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] tainted mulch story

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <boxwood@nelsoncable.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] tainted mulch story
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:54:16 -0400

Rachel and Eric are "neighbors" in the next county over--we have been good friends for years--Rachel brings her interns over to "tour" our place once a year.

You will not find a more conscientious, dedicated couple anywhere in the sustainable ag movement than these two. If there is anyone doing absolutely *everything* to "get it right" for their customers and their land, it's Rachel and Eric. It was therefore especially devastating when I learned of the disaster at their farm.

We are living a national nightmare when you can do everything right and still get blindsided by the chemical voodoo that passes for agricultural normalcy these days.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our
deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner
sense of justice than we do. ~Wendell Berry