livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:14:42 -0600

Maybe, maybe not - IF it comes to that, hungry mobs won't have the
wherewithall to even get out of the city, no gasoline and can't walk far on
an empty stomach. As for the food on the farm, most big farms today don't
even grow anything edible as is. Grains, soy, feed corn - all unfit for
human consumption without processing. As for our little veggie gardens, I
doubt they'd even recognize real food in its natural state. All they know
is frozen, microwaveable, or fast food. No, more likely they'll want pizza
or takeout.

Some of us take steps to network with like-minded folks where we are,
encourage growing to eat, trying to live local as much as we can, cutting
our cost of living, staying healthy to avoid the pharma traps and HMOs. To
me this is the best defense against realistic threats like hyperinflation
and shortages. Even living below the radar. Like, living on the land.