livingontheland - [Livingontheland] (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Johnny Stansell <jgstansell@yahoo.com>
  • To: Livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:39:22 -0700 (PDT)

We have no idea how to organic farm today.  Sure a few people do, but the majority don't.  The USA would absolutely starve if the rule became organic overnight.  The organic people have preached for years to make ethanol from corn then bio-mass.  Disaster on both!  Corn is a bad choice and biomass is also a disaster because the bio-mass needs to be returned to the land. So where is organic culture today?  They were right and extremely wrong at the same time!!! Sure we can buy all our produce from over seas, until they decide to teach us a lesson and cut off the food.  Our food comes from Wal-Mart and like organizations. The consumer demands it and will get it unless forced to beg for food. Lets hope we don't reach that point.  If we do then the hoards will leave the cities and kill anyone on the farm who has a bit of food.  The first to die will be the nice farmers who know how to grow food for the community.

Johnny Stansell