livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] What to do when the mulch runs out?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] What to do when the mulch runs out?
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

Greg,

You are right it has to be replaced.  Just like your bank account; got to put it in before using your debt card.

I live in town and use mulch all the time.   I get free mulch.  Hay from feed dealers they cannot sell.  Horse farms cleaning out their stables. They are looking for someone to take it.  Lawn clippings.  Of course, leaves.

Here in Lubbock there is a composting company and they sell it in bulk for $25 yd³.

Ken Hargesheimer