livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Dehydrator?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Living on the Land" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Ken Hargesheimer" <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Dehydrator?
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 13:07:19 -0500

Yeah, that's the point (hundreds).  I don't have time or inclination to consider all of them, or even several.  I was hoping to get some personal opinions about what works.  I have had some useful responses, but I'm a bit surprised that nobody is manufacturing one.  Maybe a product for a home business entrepreneur?

The owners of Boggy Creek Farm, in Austin, had a damaged Tomato crop a few years ago, so they developed a way to "smoke" dry/cure tomatoes.  They're a huge hit, so now they have a profitable outlet for any less-than-perfect Tomatoes.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz