livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Hippies Were Right!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Gloria Baikauskas <gcb49@flash.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Hippies Were Right!
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 23:58:02 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it wasn't quite 50 years ago.  I would have been a child then.  I still believe in it, Mark....and I haven't lived in a commune since 1968.

I am rather certain that even those who didn't stay with it find their conscience tugging at them from time to time.

It is about doing what is right rather than what is easy...about doing no harm.  Isn't that what we preach on this list?  Doing no harm to the soil.....but instead fixing it...or helping Nature fix it?  We all have different reasons for doing it, though.  Not all are altruistic.

Gloria