livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] happenings to get fired up about growing

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] happenings to get fired up about growing
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:17:30 -0600

So more individual and community self sufficiency. Live Local. If you don't
have much cash income, you don't owe income tax, and you don't make the
rich richer. If you don't buy stuff you don't pay sales tax. What you do
buy can often be recycled, like our house, our old Toyota van and old Ford
pickup. Buying second hand doesn't add one bit of embedded energy to them;
they're already built, sold and resold.

--Henry David Thoreau