livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 00:10:56 -0600

Funny, I ran out of 4" pots the other day and Barb told me to do what
Louise Riotte did - use upside down styrofoam cups. Cut the bottom out, put
the lid on the top, turn it over and fill it with my potting mix. I made a
couple hundred right away. The big bottom holds more roots and the small
top has less surface area to evaporate - less watering to disturb seeds.
It's working.