livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Harold and Sue Karber" <karber@pldi.net>, "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:00:01 -0500

Although I haven't studied animals much, and have NO experience, I had the impression that, as browsers, goats are harder on the land than cows. There are lots of goats around Central Texas, and the appearance of their pastures would appear to confirm that.   Whatever I get needs to thrive on KR2 Bluestem, and must not eat the shrubs and tree bark (which my kids' sheep and the neighbors horses did).

What's the best "Intro to Homestead Animal Husbandry" book?

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz