livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: emitch@att.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] succession planting - advice and benefits!
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:19:12 -0600

Sounds like a plan ;-) and oughta work. It's gotten too complicated for me
this time with dozens of beds, some unfinished and others pushing the time
frames out of whack. The tomato greenhouse isn't done but the seedlings are
growing fast, lots of transplanting is waiting, and my knee is acting up
too much. We took part in a one-day hoop house raising at a nearby farm, by
a guy from NMSU at Alcalde and about 20 others, but it looked to me like a
disaster. I have to do better, but my old method of all wood framing isn't
good enough for a 15 x 50 greenhouse.

On 4/19/2007 at 6:42 PM E. E. Mitchamore Jr wrote:

>As I suggested earlier (perhaps not clearly), I think it would simplify
>things to make 3 rather consistent plans for 3 beds (or multiples of 3).
>Then you can plant the same plan each year, with improvements as you
>learn, but in a different bed, which takes care of rotation.
>
>E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
>www.hillcountrynatives.biz

snip