livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Comment on Jeavon's Work

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Living on the Land" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Comment on Jeavon's Work
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:10:06 -0500

In order to properly consider all approaches to intensive gardening, I'm reading Ecology Action's How to Grow more Vegetables......  In one place it indicates their research shows 4,000 sq ft of beds required to feed each person (40 x 100 sq. ft beds).  In a different place in the book, it indicates "only" 15 minutes per day to maintain each bed, once they are properly prepared.  I woke up this morning realizing that is 10 hr./day, every day, just for food.  I can't do that.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz