livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] "real" farming? was (no subject)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Barbara Fischer" <cen12205@centurytel.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] "real" farming? was (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:35:07 -0600

I do take it personally as that is what it is.  My family did not need the money from the farm to live, had other employment and income.  There was no reason to treat the land badly....after all, it had been in our keeping for more than 150 years.  I'm sure they did use chemicals as everyone did.  Future generations may berate Paul for the way he now farms.  We do no-till now as everyone is coming to do.  I can remember how we used to "walk the beans" to put weeds after the beans got to thick to get a culivator in.  I am 77 years old  and my family has nutured this land for longer than I can remember.

Barbara