livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Yield vs output/ was nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Mark Nagel <activism98201@verizon.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Yield vs output/ was nutrition
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:22:31 -0500 (CDT)

I'm not looking to UP (or to "raise") the ante, but shouldn't it really be
driven by moral obligation to feed people? That is, shouldn't it be stated
that we should strive to produce what would be the greatest value to others?

It's picking nits, but the pure "profit" angle will, at least in the
short-run (which may have substantial consequences of the long-run), drive
farmers to produce biofuels :-(

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA