livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Woodsplitters. Pollarding,

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Woodsplitters. Pollarding,
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:28:28 -0700 (PDT)

Tee hee

Exactly! That is indeed what I usually do and I do
manage to 2 with Pollarding http://tinyurl.com/2mkktr
and have even used some firewood from and
unintentionally Coppiced tree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coppice It's a Chinese
Tallow and I was gen- ewe- wine- ly trying to kill
that one but it is still coming back up from the
stump. These Tallow trees make very good firewood and
can easily cope with pollarding and copicing, if they
weren't such an environmental disaster I would
recommend a grove cultivated just for firewood. The
wood is no good for anything else that I know of and I
don't need that much firewood in south Texas. Now if
I could manage pollarding a Pecan, who's wood is
entirely useful......

Yours, Pego

<<Or cutting your wood while it is only 50mm
diameter?>Mike>>

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Woodsplitters. Pollarding,, Pego Rice, 03/11/2007