livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Yield vs output/ was nutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: emitch@att.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Yield vs output/ was nutrition
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:07:01 -0700

About chemicals, allow me to qualify that; I believe that if we can raise
yield with chemicals at all, then we have deficient soil to begin with. I
don't believe chemicals can improve on the healthiest, humus-rich soil. I
also maintain - with many others - that with best practices the highest,
healthiest annual production can be achieved at the lowest cost. Not a
zero-sum game. I literally gag when I read on various websites that organic
yields are lower. Done right, organic intensive in permanent no-till beds
can be the highest possible annual production. I'm not making this up.
There's loads of documentation available. It's a slam dunk.