livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Veg. Garden Shade Cloth?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Veg. Garden Shade Cloth?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:56:27 -0600

Do you mean a daily high temp of over 90 degrees?  Every day or occasionally?  Does it matter how long it's over 90?

Is there someplace where this sort of information is available for other crops?  We all know the qualitative aspects (too hot, the plant quits producing, or dies), but I, for one, don't know the quantitative aspects (how hot is too hot?).  And are we talking about air temp, soil temp, or leaf temp?

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz