livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] woodlot mgmt. or growing food...

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Norma Sutton" <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] woodlot mgmt. or growing food...
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:57:53 -0500

If you are having it sawn into boards, but quarter sawn sells for the most, but it also wastes the most lumber too.
Norma

-What I've learned comes not from the internet, but
from both buying
lumber for many years and sawing several thousand bd
ft of my own.  I
approach my woodlot management from the perspective of
a woodshop.  How
do I get the best value from any given tree?  Cut for
grade or figure?
What board (thickness, width) gives the best return on
investment?

--
Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. - Andrew Murray

Check out my portfolio!
http://Writing.Com/authors/normas

New spindles listed on my etsy shop.
http://sweetspringfarm.etsy.com