livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Weeds as Indicators Of Soil Conditions

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "E. E. Mitchamore Jr" <emitch@att.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Weeds as Indicators Of Soil Conditions
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:21:14 -0600

Count yourself fortunate if you can grow a "lush weed patch".   I have patches of "soil" that have refused to grow anything for over 30 years.  As far as I know, nobody has lived on, farmed, or ranched (to any significant extent) the land since the Indians roamed.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore
www.hillcountrynatives.biz