livingontheland - [Livingontheland] organic master gardener program?/ was Setting fruit in heat

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] organic master gardener program?/ was Setting fruit in heat
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:24:07 -0600

An organic master gardener program? This is it, at least one starting
point, along with perhaps at most two or three other lists and precious few
websites. We're fortunate to have some very knowledgeable and experienced
growers here, and many working on these practices at home.

Interesting. Has that extension guy ever wondered how in the *!@* they ever
grew in Alabama for centuries before commercial fertilizer and pesticides?

But back to the organic thing, my own focus is also to be local,
productive, and above all sustainable for the family economically and
gastronomically ;-) Should such a program stop at organic or extend to
these other priorities as well?