livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] More Than 60 Percent of U.S. in Drought

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Art Corbit" <art_c@cox.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] More Than 60 Percent of U.S. in Drought
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:17:04 -0500

That is exactly the challenge we face right now. We have a lot of
information and means now the people in 1300 and 1400 didn't have. There is
no reason we can't build our soils back up and stay right where we are. I
strongly suspect if we build the soil back the way it should be we will
probably also see some weather patterns change back for the better. Moisture
draws moisture and that's a fact. If you build the soil back up where it
contains a lot more moisture there will also be a lot more moisture in the
air above the ground. This will mean more moisture the summer time thunder
storms will have to work with to produce more rain.

This entire thing we call our world all works together. If you change one
thing it effects other things.We have changed the soil and the air above it
in some very dangerous ways and there is no telling what all this will
effect if we continue to do so. I think we are already seeing the results of
the damage we have done in not only the change in the weather patterns but
also in the health of this world in general. Mother Nature is a tough old
girl but she can also be killed by stupid greedy people and that is exactly
where we and heading. These changes in weather patterns and a lot of other
things are just warnings that were are doing something wrong.

Art