livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Looking for advice on a few topics

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mtncats@planetcomm.net
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Looking for advice on a few topics
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:21:21 -0400

Hi Nancy,

No earthship- much too labor intensive. Two local ones, not very successful.
But anything can be screwed up.

Not germane to this list, but we've been enjoying passive annual heat storage
(PAHS) for the past 12 yrs. Take a peek at what a guy promoting annual heat
storage systems put up about us:
http://paccs.fugadeideas.org/tom/index.shtml I now have a better
understanding of how our place works. A third one is started.

BTW, statements about underground spaces always being more humid than above
grade are simplistic, and wrong. Depends on the design.

Write me privately if you want some other ideas/examples along the lines of
earthships, but much less labor. I know a few folk who've done some
interesting projects.

Tom (in central Va)