livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] hippie communes

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] hippie communes
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:47:35 -0600

Actually it didn't. It was never actually a commune but there was a certain
amount of sharing of work and property. Some years ago even that fell apart
and Steve Gaskin was removed as head honcho. Since then it's been more like
a private real estate development, nothing at all in common with a commune.
I talked to him about it when I saw him in Santa Fe a couple years ago. He
was trying to set up senior housing at The Farm for aging hippies with the
money to invest. In between puffs of you know what. But he was an excellent
moderator for the spiritual conference that day.

99% of the "commune" talk today is just that, talk. It's simply not a
viable setup for living on the land.

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net