livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: anne/jim clements <anjclem@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Mycorrhizae - natural techniques for
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

One way to spread fungus mycorrhizae is to gather wild
mushrooms and then spread them around your property to
see if they'll "take".
We did this when we lived in the forest and got some
of the mushrooms that we had wild crafted to start in
our backyard - then the redwood forest.
They may not grow where you live but it doesn't cost
anything to try and if it works you will have
mushrooms growing close to home. If it doesn't work
you can still wild craft the mushrooms to eat.
Even if it doesn't work you can enjoy foraging for
mushrooms in the woods and that's truly healing for
the soul.
If you don't know mushrooms look into a local
mycological society for help identifying wild mushrooms.