livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] compost

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Ryan Albinger" <ryalbinger@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] compost
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:44:34 -0500

By the time the compost is delivered and applied, $40 per cubic yard is
ballpark. My own compost will cost me about $105 per ton amended with rock
dusts and so forth. I had the thought that 1 inch seemed normal for food
growing crops. And yes, I do know other, lower cost soil improvement tools.
Ryan