livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Humus: Still a Mystery

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "jim allAn" <jallan6977@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Humus: Still a Mystery
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:16:26 -0400

My math could be wrong, but basically there are two main bins both broken down to have 3 sections. The mains measure 4*4*11 feet.
We have 3 acres mowed each week, plus a neighbor has 10 head cattle from which I get all the dung I want. I also add silt from a dry creek bed.
I use a gas powered tumbler to mix and sift all this that has 2 ft wide 1/4 inch screen and 4 ft wide 1/2 inch screen.
Eventually I may be able to sell some of it by 5 gal. pails full. What would you pay for a pail? Right now I have offered to trade finished for three times the volume of fresh stuff.

----- Original Message ----- From: <blademan25@yahoo.com>