livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture Training in Western Virginia

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "TradingPostPaul" <tradingpost@riseup.net>
  • To: c1fenner@comcast.net, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Permaculture Training in Western Virginia
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:37:32 -0600

Might note that Jerome Osentowski has been at it 25 years and lived the rural
life since the '40s. I have nothing against teaching the philosophy, but it
should go without saying that folks can't just pay their money and learn all
the how-to for living sustainably in a 72-hour course. Personally I can't
see any golf course claiming to be sustainable, but if the guy gets paid for
consulting ...

paul, tradingpost@riseup.net
The outstanding scientific discovery of the twentieth century is not
television, or radio, but rather the complexity of the land organism. Only
those who know the most about it can appreciate how little we know about it.
- Aldo Leopold in Round River, 1933