livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] seeds

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Cheryl Modjeski" <nodoubt@semo.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] seeds
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:31:00 -0600

Hi everyone,
I joined one of the soil lists a while back and then went on no mail because
things got crazy in my life and in the end DH left. I have not gone back to
the lists until this change was made and it started coming into my mail box
by itself again. It could not have come at a better time. I live with my
11 year old daughter, on a 20 acre place in south central Missouri, that has
a couple greenhouses and several large growing areas. There are many
different verities of Iris and Day Lilies as well as Daffodils and many
other flowers. We have a barn full of goat manure. So... I am going to
grow a market garden and save some seeds and see if I can't "save the
farm..."
I have a lot of books, and I have a lot to learn. They tell me this place
was kept pretty well chemical free for the last 30 years so I am seeking
methods of gardening that will help me keep it that way. I do not post
often but I read the list and am hoping to learn from everyone here.

Sweet Spring Garden Treasures
Cheryl Modjeski
Birch Tree, Mo. 65438

paperrain@semo.net