livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] saving seed from corn?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Uriel <uriel@nasalam.org>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] saving seed from corn?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:49:03 -0600

I got bags for that purpose at Southern Exposure Seed Exchange - www.southernexposure.com
Uriel

Carrie Shepard wrote:
I'd like to try saving seed from several heirloom corn varieties this year with bagging and staggering the plantings to prevent cross-contaminations, but have not seen this done. I just read about the process of bagging and handpollinating in Seed to Seed.
Can anyone advise me about this further and tell me where to find the right type of bags?
Oh, I'm also trying the 3 sisters approach with a rattlesnake pole bean and black zuchini, planting closely in a 3 foot wide bed.
thanks,
Carrie

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1ยข/min. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman7/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com>